Biennial Conference “Reaching the World for Christ”
TOPIC: Flee the wrath to come.
There are two keywords in this topic. They are Flee and Wrath.
According to the oxford advance dictionary
“To Flee means to run away quickly while Wrath means intense anger.
Before we shall flee, it is imperative for us to know the Wrath to come. Let us look into the book of Zephaniah 1vs 14-18, to found out the wrath.
In Matthew 3:7, John the Baptist asked the Pharisees and Sadducees who warned them to flee from the wrath to come and in verse 8, he asked them to bring forth the fruits of repentance.
What are the fruits of repentance?
3. Forgiving heart
How do we flee from the wrath to come?
1. By repenting from our sins Ezekiel 18:21-22
2. By confessing and forsaking our sins Psalm 32:5, Proverb 28:13
3. By detesting the works of flesh Galatians 5:17-21, 1John 2:15-17
4. By being contended with what we have 1Timothy 6:6-7, Philippians 4:11
5. By focusing unto Jesus Christ. Hebrew 12:2, Isaiah 45:22
6. By avoiding envy and jealousy. Proverbs 3:31, 24:1-2
7. By forgiving one another Matthew 6:14, Colossians 3:13
8. By standing on the truth. John 8:31-32, Galatians 5:1
9. By honoring God 1 Samuel 2:30, Psa. 91:15-16
10. By doing the will of God Psalm 119:11
11. By thinking right Job 31:1, Matthew 5:28-29,
In conclusion, we should desist from those things that will send us to hell and run the race before us as Apostle Paul said in 2Timothy 4:7-8
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith, henceforth there is laid up for me crown of righteousness which the Lord the righteous judge shall give me at that day, and not to me only but unto all them also that love his appearing”
May God Almighty bless us richly and may we remain rapturable in Jesus name Amen.