Marriage Is God`s Idea
ST. JOSEPH’S CHOSEN CHURCH OF GOD
EHAEKPEN DISTRICT COUPLES DAY CELEBRATIONS SEASON 1 WITH THE THEME MAKING A GLORIOUS HOME
PAPER ON THE TOPIC MARRIAGE IS GOD’S IDEA. (Gen. 2vsI8-25) BY PST CHARLES OSAYMWEN- EHAEKPEN DISTRICT SUPERVISOR ON SATURDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 2018
THE MAN: – the lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and men become a living soul (Gen 2v7)
The Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone, I will make him an help meet for him (Gen 2vs 18).
God’s creative work was not complete until he made women.
THE WOMAN: – God chose, to make woman from the man flesh and bone. And the lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam (The man), and he slept: and took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh instead thereof And the rib, which the Lord God has taken from man, made him a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said this is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called women, because she was taken out of man. God illustrated for us that married men and women symbolically become one flesh. This is a mystical union of the couple’s hearts and lives, God treats this special union seriously.
THE BASIC ASPECTS OF MARRIAGE:
- The man leaves his parents, promise himself to his wife
- The two become one flesh in the intimacy and commitment of sexual union which is reserved for marriage.
- The man and woman are joined together by taking responsibility for each other’s welfare and loving each others.
WHAT YOU AND I MUST KNOW
- God give life to man
- Man give life to woman
- Woman gives life to the world.
- Marriage creates the best environment for raising children
- Marriage is good and honorable
- Marriage is permanent
- Romance is important
- Marriage is based on the principle of practice of love, not on feelings
- Commitment is very essential to successful marriage sex is a gift God gives to married Couples for their mutual enjoyment
- Unfaithfulness breaks marriage
k. Marriage is instituted by God not man
1. Marriage is a living symbol of Christ and the Church
m. Marriage holds time of secret joy
- Only death should dissolve marriage
- God created marriage for our enjoyment
- God pronounced marriage Good
THE GOAL IN MARRIAGE
- That man and the woman should honour God
- Marriage should be more than friendship, it should be oneness
God’s Pronouncement Prov. 18 vs 22 says: whose findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the lord